- About Us
- Find Materials
- Library Home
Netbook Circulation Policy
The Northern Illinois University Libraries (Libraries) makes available a limited number wireless netbooks to the Northern Illinois University (NIU) faculty, staff and students.
- 1. The Libraries has a limited number netbooks available for use only in Founders Memorial Library.
- 2. Netbooks cannot be reserved ahead of time. They are available on a strictly first-come, first served basis.
- 3. To check out a netbook, a patron must present their NIU OneCard to the staff at the Founders Memorial Library Circulation Desk.
- 4. Netbooks will circulate based on regular semester building hours according to the following schedule:
- 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. â€“ 2 hours with one renewal
- After 8 p.m. â€“ 2 hours no renewal
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. â€“ 2 hours with one renewal
- After 1 p.m. â€“ 2 hours no renewal
- 5. A netbook not returned at the end of its circulation period will be declared overdue. A late fee of $10 per hour will be charged. A netbook not returned to the Circulation Desk by the time Founders Memorial Library closes the same day it is checked out will be declared lost.
- 6. Patrons are responsible for any damage to the netbook while it is checked out to them.
- 7. A netbook reported stolen, damaged or not returned will result in a $1,000.00 lost fee plus a $10 processing fee being charged to the patron who had the netbook checked out. If the netbook is returned in good working condition, the $1,000.00 lost charge will be dropped. However, the $10 processing fee is non-refundable.
- 8. Failure to return the power cord when returning the netbook will result in a fine of $100 and revocation of oneâ€™s privilege to check out a netbook in the future.
posted: January 7, 2011