Clothing and Textiles
|Web Resources||Schools||Professional Organizations|
|Research Centers and Institutes||Periodicals||Government Agencies|
- Angel of Fashion - This site links to alternative fashion sites, e-zines, designers, modeling, and much more.
- Elizabethan Costume Page
- Fashion Plate Collection
- International Year of Natural Fibres
- New England Rug Society
- Screen Search Fashion
- Style and Status: Imperial Costumes from Ottoman Turkey
- Textile Dictionary
- Textile Exchange
- TextileWeb - A searchable information source for the textile industry covering products and suppliers, with access to free online newsletters and trade publications.
- The Costume Page
- The Costume Site
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising - This private college offers degrees in fashion design, merchandise marketing, textile design, cosmetics and fragrance merchandising, and apparel manufacturing management.
- London College of Fashion - The London College of Fashion offers degree programs in fashion promotion and management and fashion design and technology.
- Parsons School of Design - This famous school also offers a degree in fashion design. Famous graduates include Donna Karan, Louis Dell'Olio, and James Mischka.
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
- Cotton Incorporated
- Embroidery Trade Association
- National Textile Center
- The Textile Institute
Research Centers and Institutes
- Fashion Click: The Online Fashion and Style Magazine - Covers fashion and collections and well as the usual magazine fare.
- Look Online - This site, sponsored by Smashbox Cosmetics, provides fashion industry information for visitors and subscribers.