- About Us
- Departments and Personnel
- Giving to the Libraries
- Library Floor Maps and Directions to the Library
- Library Locations
- Libraries Organizational Chart
- Digital & Special Collections
- The Katherine Walker Library Work Scholar Endowment
- Library Advisory Committee (LAC)
- Contact Us
Faraday Hall, Rm. 212
Contact Person: Marcia Bradlee (753-1257)
Reference Contact Person: Meredith Ayers, FML 310, 815-753-1872
Faraday Library Semester Hours
- Summer Hours:
- Monday thru Wednesday - 8 a .m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday - CLOSED
- Fall and Spring Semester Hours:
- Monday thru Thursday - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday - CLOSED
Faraday Library Interim Hours
- Monday thru Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- ALL WEEKENDS AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS - CLOSED
Science monographs: 26,000 volumes
Bound Periodicals: 32,500 volumes
Current Serial Titles: 270
The Faraday Library contains the major portion of the university's science collections, especially for Chemistry and Physics. Housed in Faraday are the complete sets of Chemical Abstracts and Physics Abstracts, as well as the most important scholarly journals in science. A very large reference collection is complemented by access to Illinet Online, FirstSearch, and the Internet.
Because of space limitations at Faraday Library, a large number of older periodical volumes have been moved into compact shelving on the lower level.
Library staff are available to help patrons at Faraday during regularly scheduled library hours.